Careers with AWB
DIRECTOR OF TRAINING & COMMUNICATIONS
Type: Part Time (20 – 40 hrs a week)
Location: Portland/Remote (anywhere in USA)
Reporting to: Director of Education & Executive Director
Application Deadline: April 24th, 2022
Key Relationships: AWB Members, education and community engagement team, development team, programs team (internal). Service providers, Acupuncture and integrative medicines schools, Sponsors, Trainees & event attendees (external)
Goal: Work with the Director of Education to develop and deliver educational programs promoting TCM, Acupuncture and trauma informed care. Envision and deliver engaging communications and marketing strategies to promote and grow the AWB brand, products and events. Lead efforts to expand the organization’s reach & deepen engagement with the community. Manage internal & external communication tools and products that deliver classes, emails, web info and social media.
Delivery & Support of In-person, Online & Webinar Trainings (40%)
- Work with Education Director to establish content, format, location, trainers & dates for all trainings.
- In-person trainings
- Serve as event coordinator for all in-person trainings (~10 weekend trainings per year prior to Covid. Travel not required.)
- Cultivate positive relationships with venue sites, sponsors, state associations, speakers, TCM schools and all other vendors
- Manage communication with venue (school, hotel etc) about all aspects of training
- Organize trainings according to the processes laid out in the Critical Path
- Be available to act as in-person administrator at local trainings if needed
- Provide support to contracted trainers prior to and during the event
- Contribute to curriculum development & help with Powerpoint presentations
- Online Classes/Webinars
- Provide technical support to the Director of Education related to our online learning platform TalentLMS
- Serve as tech lead during webinars by assisting people having troubles accessing Zoom
- Monitor Zoom chats, take attendance and make sure all questions get answered
- Communications & Marketing (60%)
- Work with leadership team to create a robust marketing plan for the organization
- Work closely with Development team and actively participate in planning and marketing of annual membership drive & end of year fundraising activities
- Working with Education Director, envision and design marketing materials for training program promotion consistent with the organization’s brand
- Develop all other promotional materials including printed goods, social media content, and digital ads
- Ensure corporate sponsors receive agreed upon recognition through all media channels
- Prepare Constant Contact e-blasts 2-3 X/month (program updates, training announcements, membership drive etc)
- Manage social media sites (Facebook, Instagram), creating regular content & responding to user engagement
- Manage, update and make design changes to website as needed (add new classes, members, news updates etc).
- Act as point person for training related issues with our database, Neon CRM – making changes as needed to automated letters, members only website, event registration pages and any other Neon forms.
- Edit short videos for social media and general dissemination.
- PR & Media role
- Develop and send press releases to relevant media outlets regarding new field projects, clinics, training opportunities etc.
- Research and do outreach to new potential media outlets to expand AWB visibility (podcasts, influencers, wellness companies)
- In-person trainings
Ideal Candidate/ What are we looking for?
- Understanding and passion for integrative/natural health
- Background and experience in digital marketing (traditional marketing a plus)
- Tech savviness
- Experience in event planning
- Knowledge of WordPress (some HTML/CSS a plus)
- Experience with Canva (or Adobe products), email marketing platforms, Facebook & Instagram
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
AWB offers an hourly rate of $26 for 20-40 hours per week. Pay rate and number of hours worked are negotiable depending on experience and hours desired by the candidate. Other benefits and leave entitlements are available in accordance with the AWB employee regulations.
In the interest of making most effective use of resources, only the short-listed candidates will be contacted during the selection process. AWB will conduct careful reference and background checks of all selected candidates as part of its selection process.
AWB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Contractor assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The AWB executive team reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
How to Apply?
Please send in the following to firstname.lastname@example.org and with Subject ‘Application AWB Director of Training & Communications: [Your Name]’
- An updated resume highlighting relevant skills, experience and qualifications
- A one page cover letter clearly articulating your suitability and interest for the position, confirmation on acceptance of salary range, and indicating your earliest availability to join, if hired.
DIRECTOR OF EDUCATION
Type: Part Time Employee / Contract (20- 30 hrs per week)
Location: Remote (anywhere in USA)
Reporting to: Executive Director
Salary Range: $ 30,000 – $40,000 /yr
Application Deadline: April 30, 2022 (Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until selection)
Key Relationships: Board members, AWB members, communications and marketing team, development team, programs team (internal), service providers, acupuncture and integrative medicines schools, sponsors, trainees & event attendees (external)
Goal: To develop and deliver cutting edge technical, clinical and theoretical educational programs promoting TCM, Acupuncture and Trauma Informed Care to AWB membership and wider acupuncture and integrative medicine community.
Training and community engagement strategy & delivery (60-70%)
- Help define and deliver annual or longer term strategies for the training and community engagement function to further AWBs stated mission
- Oversight, continuous improvement in content and user experience and maintenance of the AWBs signature Healing Community Trauma, and Trauma Informed Care online/distance learning courses, webinars and in-person events (when resumed!).
- Be primary contact for student/practitioner questions related to training.
- Make sure all trainings are approved for credits with all applicable boards (NCCAOM, CA, TX, FL) and print/process all CEU/PDA certificates.
- Hire/supervise independent contractors and oversee their work, to deliver on annual training and revenue goals guided by the strategy
- Lead in design, content and new course/webinar development activities
- Upload and manage digital training content on our learning platform TalentLMS
- Communicate with students through TalentLMS in regards to content, webinar access, follow up information and certificates.
- Plan and design timely and effective marketing for training program promotion
- Develop and curate a network of TIC/AWB course graduates to facilitate development of a community of practice to continually improve and develop supplemental learning the programs in coming years
- Be a local ambassador of AWB in your local county/state acupuncture community.
Member, sponsor, donor engagement and relationship management (15-20%)
- With the executive and development team, design and execute new and exciting member engagement activities and programs
- Actively participate in annual membership drive and other community engagement and revenue generation activities.
- Manage key sponsor, donor and board member relationships as relevant to training and community engagement team activities
- Ensure sponsor requirement for publicity and recognition are met/are exceeded within the scope of training and community engagement activities
- Develop new relationships and actively maintain key existing service provider, trainer, sponsor and institutional relationships to meet current and strategic needs of the organization
- Oversee the application for and maintenance of NCCAOM and other continuing education credits for all training programs with Office Manager
Budget and administrative (10-15%)
- Lead the develop and actively manage the training and community engagement budget
- Ensure that annual/multi-year plans and budgets include personnel, promotion, administration, licensing, social media and paid media costs to meet training team needs.
- Ensure training and engagement programs are designed, developed, delivered within reasonable budget and time variance and revenue goals are met.
- Ensure procurement of services, contracting and invoicing follows established AWB procedures.
Ideal Candidate/ Who are we looking for?
- DAOM/LAc with 8-10 years of combined clinical and teaching experience.
- Background and experience in Trauma informed Care
- Prior teaching and training experience with online, in-person/classroom training development and delivery
- Previous experience working with nonprofit organizations, volunteering and project management experience.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
For this position, AWB shall offer the selected candidate a part time employee contract for a duration of 1-2 years, with possibility of extension subject to performance and availability of funding.
AWB offers a yearly part time employee salary of up to USD 40,000 a year, and other benefits and leave entitlements in accordance with the AWB employee regulations.
In the interest of making most effective use of resources, only the short-listed candidates will be contacted during the selection process.
AWB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds and life experiences. Candidates of color, with lived experiences similar to those whom AWB serve are especially encouraged to apply.
AWB will conduct careful reference and background checks of all selected candidates as part of its selection process.
AWB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Contractor assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
The AWB executive team reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
How to Apply?
Please send in the following to email@example.com and with Subject ‘Application AWB Director of Education: [Your Name]’
1. An updated resume highlighting relevant skills, experience and qualifications
2. A one page cover letter clearly articulating your suitability and interest for the position, confirmation on acceptance of salary range, and indicating your earliest availability to join, if hired.