Webinar – Supporting Healthy Eating Choices in Underserved Populations
May 19 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
INSTRUCTOR: Benjamin Zappin, LAc, Co-founder of Five Flavors Herbs
CREDITS: 2 CEU/PDAs (pending NCCAOM, CA, FL, TX, Category 1 Live Training. CA Provider #0619)
REFUND POLICY: Full refunds offered up to 3 days before event
This webinar will be offered online through Zoom. We will email a link the day before. Please call 503.477.9731 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
In this class Benjamin Zappin, L.Ac. shares his experience as an herbalist, cook, and practitioner in a diverse array of clinical environments to offer useful and practical tools for flexibly wielding culinary and other accessible herbs to meet patients where they’re at geographically, financially, and culturally. The course will draw from research from the disciplines of public health research, medical anthropology, phytomedicine research, and traditional herbal practice.
The class topics will include:
- Materia medica of culinary herbs and commonly available teas including T.C.M ‘energetics’
- Recipes from around the world that conform to T.C.M. dietetic principles
- A discussion of culturally appropriate diets
- A look at food security and food insecurity in different contexts
- Perspectives on food, herbal, and health sovereignty
- A discussion of group visits with affordable foods and herbs
- Elimination diets with affordable foods and herbs