Webinar – The Six Healing Sounds: Qigong Sitting Meditation
December 4 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm$35
INSTRUCTOR: Dr. Robert J. Woodbine, N.D., M.Ac.O.M., L.Ac.
CREDITS: 2 CEU/PDAs (pending FL, NCCAOM, TX, CA, CA Provider #0619, Category 2 Live)
REFUND POLICY: Full refunds offered up to 3 days prior to webinar.
This webinar will be offered online through Zoom. We will email students Zoom link at least one day prior to webinar. Please call 503.477.9731 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The Six Healing Sounds Sitting Meditation is a simple and effective ancient Chinese Qigong sequence of sounds and postures designed to balance and transmute chronic negative emotions and their physiological effects. The practice consists of organ-specific frequencies and postures related to the five Yin organs and the Triple Warmer. When practiced regularly, these sounds and postures move stagnant Qi trapped as heat in the fascia of the organs, cool the organs, promote the flow of Qi and, thus, enhance health, a sense of well-being, and support appropriate emotional responsiveness.
In this webinar, students will:
- Learn the theory of how emotional energies are trapped in the fascia surrounding organs as excess heat and how sound can release this trapped energy to facilitate internal harmony, stress reduction, decrease/prevent illness, promote resilience
- Review the Yin organ anatomy and location (Spleen, Lungs, Kidneys, Heart, Liver, and Triple Burner);
- Learn and practice the six (6) organ-specific postures;
- Learn and practice the six (6) organ-specific sounds or vibrations;
- Learn and practice the Resting State posture which facilitates the transmutation of the organs’ energy state;
- Learn the relationship between the organs and the seasons to practice the sequence optimally;
- Learn the ideal time to practice on a daily basis.
Participants will receive a handout booklet describing all of the above as well as a summary reference chart.