This entertaining and highly experiential 2-day training prepares acupuncturists to provide trauma relief and recovery programs in their own communities as well as abroad.
15 PDA/CEUs (NCCAOM, CA, TX, FL)
4.5 PDAs/CEUs in Safety and Ethics plus 10.5 PDAs/CEUs AOM/Bio
*AWB’s California acupuncture education number is 0619. This is a Category 1 Live Course)
Healing Community Trauma strengthens the clinical, organizing and leadership skills that acupuncturists and other professionals need to establish disaster relief efforts and community service clinics for people affected by trauma.
Our class teaches participants how to establish mobile clinics onsite after disasters and community service clinics for veterans, active military and their families, as well as other local populations. It also prepares participants to develop and work in international community service clinics that are part of World Healing Exchange trips and other AWB-affiliated international programs.
Students and non-acupuncturist health professionals are also welcome to attend.
Early Bird (one month before training start date)
$379 – Regular Early Bird
$359 – Discounted Early Bird (AWB Members, Students)
Standard Rates (less than one month before training start date)
$399 – Regular Rate
$379 – Discounted Rate (AWB Members, Students)
Half price is offered to those who have attended a previous Healing Community Trauma training or World Healing Exchange trip. (Coupon code needed at check out. Call the office or email firstname.lastname@example.org for coupon code).
*3% processing fee for credit card payment
Healing Community Trauma also includes:
- Clinic Practicum based on an actual disaster scenario
- How to build strong, collaborative teams that work well together
- How to work with the unique clinical needs of traumatized communities and individuals
- How to recognize and manage acute traumatic stress
- Understanding the neurobiology of trauma
- Understanding how acupuncture prevents/reduces the effects of trauma
- Techniques to help you stay calm even in the midst of chaos, and give your patients tools to support their healing process
- Ethics and safety issues in disaster relief and community service
- Qi gong instruction and practice for reducing stress
This training also offers information on the following latest developments:
- Progress on adoption of acupuncture in the VA, including a new 12-point protocol for trauma recovery
- Updates on Battlefield Acupuncture use in the military
- Case studies about acupuncturists working with the Medical Reserve Corps and other organizations to gain access during relief efforts
- Most recent research studies about the efficacy of acupuncture for trauma recovery
- Discussion of other acupuncture protocols effective for trauma
Participants will receive a printed copy of the AWB Training Participant Manual with comprehensive notes, as well as digital copies of the AWB Community Service Clinic Field Manual and AWB Supplementary Training Materials. Together these three documents represent more than 200 pages of information that is invaluable for implementing mobile field clinics and ongoing community service clinics for trauma reduction.
NOTE ON THE NADA PROTOCOL:
AWB gratefully uses the NADA (National Acupuncture Detoxification Association) protocol for treatment when working with groups in the immediate aftermath of disasters. At this training we will review the NADA protocol, which most acupuncturists learn in school and can use wherever they are licensed to treat. However, only NADA can provide NADA certification specifically. You do not need to be NADA certified to volunteer with AWB as long as you are facile with the protocol.
Carla Cassler, DAOM, L.Ac., Director of Programs and Community Clinics
Diana Fried, M.Ac., M.A., NCCAOM Dipl. Acl, Acudetox Specialist, Founder & Co-Executive Director
Gerri Ravyn Stanfield, LAc., M.A., NCCAOM Dipl, Director of Education and Community Engagement
Stacey MacFarlane, M.Ac., L.Ac., Division Chair, Maryland University of Integrative Health, AWB Trainer
Kim Stephens, LAc, AWB Trainer
Register for one of our Upcoming Trainings
Note: $20 Early Bird Discount will be automatically applied at checkout for registrations at least one month before event start date.
AWB will grant refunds for cancellations as follows:
- 75% refunded if cancelled more than 2 weeks prior to the first day of the selected training.
- 25% refunded if registration is cancelled up to 1 week prior to the first day of the selected training.
- NO refunds will be made for cancellation less than a week prior to the first day of the selected training, although there will be credit granted for a future training if it is within one calendar year.
- There will be a $35.00 processing fee for each postponed registration.