** SCHEDULE UPDATE: Due to the Covid-19 outbreak, we have had to shift the schedule of our trauma informed care certificate program. New dates are listed below. Please note that these are subject to change based on public health recommendations.**
Join Acupuncturists Without Borders for a year-long journey into developing the vital tools for providing trauma-informed care to your patients and service to a world in desperate need.
Five Weekend Modules from March 2020-March 2021
75 CEU/PDAs for full program | 15 CEU/PDAs per individual module
(NCCAOM, CA, TX, FL approval pending for Modules 2-5. CA Provider #0619, Category 1 Live Training.)
Mayway Herbs – 1338 Mandela Pkwy, Oakland, CA
9 AM – 5:30 PM Saturday & Sunday
Diana Fried, M.Ac., M.A., NCCAOM Dipl. Ac., Acudetox Specialist
Carla Cassler, DAOM, L.Ac.
Ravyn Stanfield, LAc. DOM, M.Ac, NCCAOM Dipl. Ac.
Alaine Duncan, M.Ac., L.Ac., Dipl.Ac.
Call (503) 477-9731 for more information.
In these times when hurricanes, opiate crisis, and pain at the borders dominate the news cycle, it can feel confusing and hopeless to know what to do. How can Oriental Medicine and other traditional medicine systems help, in the face of such large problems?
With an increase in disasters, shootings, and displacement everywhere, collaboration, trauma-informed care, and service projects are more important than ever. Acupuncturists Without Borders has been providing trauma relief acupuncture to communities around the world affected by disaster, human conflict, environmental devastation, and social injustice since its inception after Hurricane Katrina in 2005.
This certificate includes a valuable map to trauma informed care, including:
- Five elements perspective on trauma
- The latest developments in trauma recovery
- The neuroscience and physiology behind trauma and post traumatic stress
- Advanced trauma acupuncture protocols
- Botanical protocols for trauma treatment
- Clinical tools for your practice
- Community organizing for creating service projects and programs
- Trauma-informed facilitation skills
- Council practice (an amazing communication tool for all relationships)
- Healing community trauma
- How integrating your own trauma history enhances effective trauma-informed work with patients and the community
- Leadership skills for working with community and other professionals
Five Weekend Teachings on Keys to Success and Happiness for Service, Work, Life
MODULE 1: March 7-8, 2020
(with guest instructor, Alaine Duncan)
The Tao of Trauma- Integrating Five Element Theory, Biomedicine, and Trauma Treatment
MODULE 2: Due to the uncertainty around the coronovirus shelter-in-place orders, this course will be offered as an online, distance-learning course. Available for purchase by July 18th!
Trauma Prevention and Recovery Techniques/Clinical Toolkit, for use in community and private practice
MODULE 3: Oct 17-18, 2020 (Postponed from July 18-19, 2020)
Trauma -Informed Leadership Skills for Facilitation, Conflict Resolution, and Interface with other Professionals
MODULE 4: Jan 9-10, 2021 (Postponed from Oct 17-18, 2020)
Community Organizing for Creating Service Projects – Learning from the Field
MODULE 5: March 20-21, 2021 (Postponed from Jan 9-10, 2021)
Trauma-informed Self Care and Recovery – Cultivate and protect your own qi while doing deep work in private practice and field
FULL 5-WEEK PROGRAM (Closed until 2021 Round is Announced)
Standard Rate: $2000
AWB & OR/CA State Association Members: $1900
Early Bird: $425 (Register 6 weeks before first day of module)
Standard Rate: $450 (Register less than 6 weeks before first day of module)
Module 2 Online Course: $350
*3% processing fee for credit card payment
Note: Early Bird price will calculate automatically upon checkout.
March 7-8, 2020
The Tao of Trauma with Alaine Duncan
Trauma Prevention & Recovery
October 17-18, 2020
Jan 9-10, 2021
Community Organizing for Service Projects
March 20-21, 2021
Trauma-Informed Self Care & Recovery
If you prefer to pay by check, please fill out our Certificate Registration Form and mail with your check to:
Acupuncturists Without Borders
4605 NE Fremont Suite 204B
Portland, OR 97213
AWB will grant refunds for cancellations as follows:
- 75% refunded if cancelled more than 2 months prior to the first day of the full program.
- 25% refunded if registration is cancelled up to 1 month prior to the first day of the program.
- NO refunds will be made for cancellation less than one month prior to the first day of the program, although there will be credit granted for a future training.
*NCCAOM, TX, FL & CA Board approvals will be per individual module. Approval may be pending at the time of registration but will be complete before the course dates.