Join Acupuncturists Without Borders for a year-long journey into developing the vital tools for providing trauma-informed care to your patients and service to a world in desperate need.
Five weekends March 2020-January 2021 – Join us for all five weekends, or register for individual modules
75 CEU/PDAs (NCCAOM, CA, FL, TX)*
15 CEU/PDAs per individual module
Mayway Herbs – 1338 Mandela Pkwy, Oakland, CA
9 AM – 5:30 PM Saturday & Sunday
Diana Fried, M.Ac., M.A., NCCAOM Dipl. Ac., Acudetox Specialist
Carla Cassler, DAOM, L.Ac.
Ravyn Stanfield, LAc. DOM, M.Ac, NCCAOM Dipl. Ac.
Alaine Duncan, M.Ac., L.Ac., Dipl.Ac.
With an increase in disasters, shootings, and displacement everywhere, collaboration, trauma-informed care, and service projects are more important than ever. Acupuncturists Without Borders has been providing trauma relief acupuncture to communities around the world affected by disaster, human conflict, environmental devastation, and social injustice since its inception after Hurricane Katrina in 2005.
This certificate includes a valuable map to trauma informed care, including:
- Five elements perspective on trauma
- The latest developments in trauma recovery
- The neuroscience and physiology behind trauma and post traumatic stress
- Advanced trauma acupuncture protocols
- Botanical protocols for trauma treatment
- Clinical tools for your practice
- Community organizing for creating service projects and programs
- Trauma-informed facilitation skills
- Council practice (an amazing communication tool for all relationships)
- Healing community trauma
- How integrating your own trauma history enhances effective trauma-informed work with patients and the community
- Leadership skills for working with community and other professionals
Five Weekend Teachings on Keys to Success and Happiness for Service, Work, Life
MODULE 1: March 7-8, 2020
(with guest instructor, Alaine Duncan)
The Tao of Trauma- Integrating Five Element Theory, Biomedicine, and Trauma Treatment
MODULE 2: May 16-17, 2020
Trauma Prevention and Recovery Techniques/Clinical Toolkit, for use in community and private practice
MODULE 3: July 18-19, 2020
Trauma -Informed Leadership Skills for Facilitation, Conflict Resolution, and Interface with other Professionals
MODULE 4: Oct 17-18, 2020
Community Organizing for Creating Service Projects – Learning from the Field
MODULE 5: Jan 9-10, 2021
Trauma-informed Self Care and Recovery – Cultivate and protect your own qi while doing deep work in private practice and field
FULL 5-WEEK PROGRAM (Closed until 2021 Round is Announced)
Standard Rate: $2000
AWB & OR/CA State Association Members: $1900
Early Bird: $425 (Register 6 weeks before first day of module)
Standard Rate: $450 (Register less than 6 weeks before first day of module)
*3% processing fee for credit card payment
Note: Early Bird price will calculate automatically upon checkout.
March 7-8, 2020
The Tao of Trauma with Alaine Duncan
May 16-17, 2020
Trauma Prevention & Recovery
July 18-19, 2020
Oct 17-18, 2020
Community Organizing for Service Projects
Jan 9-10, 2021
Trauma-Informed Self Care & Recovery
If you prefer to pay by check, please fill out our Certificate Registration Form and mail with your check to:
Acupuncturists Without Borders
4605 NE Fremont Suite 204B
Portland, OR 97213
AWB will grant refunds for cancellations as follows:
- 75% refunded if cancelled more than 2 months prior to the first day of the program.
- 25% refunded if registration is cancelled up to 1 month prior to the first day of the program.
- NO refunds will be made for cancellation less than one month prior to the first day of the program, although there will be credit granted for a future training.
*NCCAOM, TX, FL & CA Board approvals will be per individual module. Approval may be pending at the time of registration but will be complete before the course dates.