Repairing the Shattered HeartWhy We Need Trauma-Informed Care Now
15 CEU/PDAs (pending NCCAOM, CA, FL, TX)
Distance Learning Course
Coming Spring 2021!
Note: This course is part of our year-long, five-module certificate program Repairing the Shattered Heart. Originally all the modules were live in-person trainings. However, due to Covid-19, we changed the format of some of the courses. This course was held live in March 2020 before lockdown. We are in the process of creating a distance learning version. Each module stands alone and does not require completion of any other module. Please contact email@example.com or 503.477.9731 with any questions.
Carla Cassler, DAOM, L.Ac.
Ravyn Stanfield, LAc. DOM, M.Ac, NCCAOM Dipl. Ac.
Alaine Duncan, L.Ac.
As a result of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the AAM principles of the Tao, Yin and Yang, and Qi in the context of restoring balance and regulation in survivors of trauma.
- Explain the interface of Chinese physiology, the Five Phases and the autonomic nervous system in survivors of trauma.
- Compare and name the 5 Steps of the Self-Protective Response with the steps in the cycle of the Five Elements.
- Discuss the impact of incomplete protective responses on whole-body balance and regulation and dynamic coherence between systems as an approach to working with trauma survivors.
- Discuss how an understanding of Polyvagal Theory can inform community approaches to building safer communities
More information will be released shortly as we update the curriculum for the online version of this course.
($20 Discount AWB Members & Students)
Available for purchase Spring 2021!
*15 PDA/CEU Points (Pending NCCAOM, CA, FL, TX)
CA Provider # is 0619. This is a Category 1 Distance Learning Course.