AWB & Integrative Healers Action Network (IHAN) are looking for licensed/certified integrative medicine and health practitioners with malpractice insurance AND administrative support staff to volunteer at an Integrative Health Clinic we are setting up inside the Red Cross shelter in Healdsburg. As of right now, there are over 100 people staying in this shelter who have evacuated the fires in the Northern Sonoma County town of Geyserville. Trauma response symptoms are common among fire evacuees and can be expressed through symptoms such as physical pain, anxiety, stress, and insomnia that integrative medicine and health practitioners have many tools to offer to those in need. Those staying at Red Cross shelters are usually the most underserved members of our community, so this is an opportunity to provide healing and support to those most in need.
TO ENSURE SAFETY AND PROPER CARE TO PATIENTS, PLEASE DO NOT SHOW UP AT THE SHELTER LOCATION TO VOLUNTEER WITHOUT BEING PROPERLY REGISTERED AND APPROVED FIRST (SEE BELOW).
PRACTITIONERS: Are you interested in volunteering? The Red Cross requires that only licensed/certified practitioners with malpractice insurance can volunteer inside their shelters. This means: acupuncturists, chiropractors, naturopathic doctors, massage therapists, clinical homeopaths, integrative MDs, DOs and nurses. While we absolutely recognize the validity of other types of practitioners, we are not currently able to accommodate those without an active license/certification and malpractice insurance.
STEPS TO VOLUNTEER:
1. Go to integrativehealersactionnetwork.org
2. Click on “Volunteer Registration”
3. Register as a Practitioner
4. Submit your $35 donation to cover the administrative costs of your registration.
5. Complete the Volunteer Questionnaire and submit to email@example.com
6. Please email a copy of your malpractice and current license to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your Questionnaire.
7. You will be receiving a separate email from our partner, Asurint, who conducts our background searches. Please follow the instructions in the email and complete the Asurint paperwork as soon as possible.
8. Once the above steps are complete, our Volunteer Coordinator Cynthia will contact you for a quick phone call and will get you on the schedule to volunteer.
For More information contact AWB Volunteer Coordinator Catherine Herbin at email@example.com and 203-814-6639.